Position title: Back-End Developer (Jr & Sr Roles)
Location : Detroit, MI // New Orleans, LA
FULL TIME & Contract roles
For Only GC & Citizens (NO EAD) [C2C is fine]
- Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methods and infrastructure.
- Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Expert level skills in Java development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects.
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary.
- Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
- Experience in IT software development.
- Good knowledge on many from the following technology stack - Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, App server Knowledge (Tomcat,JBoss), OSGi, SOAP/REST webservices
- Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
- 3-5+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience with Node JS
- 1-2 years’ experience with NOSQL databases
- 1-2 years’ experience with Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc…)
- 3+ Years of developing REST APIs
- 3+ Years’ experience writing unit tests
- 2+ Experience using a CI system to automate builds (Check for List of Automation Tools Used)
- Understanding of HTTP and Network Layer overhead and latency
- Understanding of how to optimize service data for size or speed
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
- Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
- Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
- Experience with C#
- Experience with NewRelic
- Experience with Logstash
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Lua
- Experience with GOLang
- Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
- Experience with CQRS
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
- Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently